First book review!


After an even longer day and an awful neurology visit, I decided to read a book instead of stitch tonight. I have a huge weakness for Jane Austen (as most of you know), but I also love modern re-tellings of her stories. I have dozens of them and seem to be buying a lot of them lately, which leads me to this review of Sass and Serendipity by Jennifer Ziegler. It's a modern twist on Sense and Sensibility, so there's no need for me to rehash the storyline, but this particular novel does veer more toward the teen-set. I also found that the male leads where a bit hard to match-up to their Austen counterparts because the storyline does alter quite a bit from the original (which in some cases works, in some it doesn't). But overall, it was a good read and I'm not disappointed in it!

Comments