OMG OMG OMG!

Having a complete panic moment! Been thinking alot about how I don't really care for the lugana...it's too thin, too soft, and the threads tend to "tear" through the boxes. Just taking a break and was reading a blog post and someone mentioned monaco and now I'm thinking I should re-start again using monaco! I know this is my first HAED and I'm entitled to mess it up a little, but I don't do "messes" very well and this HAED is special...I want it to be right. So for those in the know...monaco vs lugana...what's your preference? God, what a dilemma before the IHSW!!

Oh, I should also add, I've only ever worked with aida and any sort of evenweave or linen is completely foreign to me in the first place, so will monaco be closer to aida or be just the same as the lugana? It seems to be thicker and stronger and looks a heck of a lot more like aida. Ugh...I hate feeling dumb about something!

Comments

Vickie said…
I stitch my HAEDS on 18 ct. Aida....or you can take it down to 22 count. Since the design is completely covered, aida works great.
Keebles said…
I'm really diggin the 28ct tho...if only aida came in 28 ct! I don't know why it stops at 22!
I've never stitched a HAED before but I'm planning to do it on 25ct Evenweave. Not sure how that helps though.
Keebles said…
It's definitely been a learning experience! At least by the time I get done, I'll know a heck of a lot about stitch fabric!