EPIC MICKEY COMPLETED!!

With my absolutely maddening week this week, I haven't been able to announce yet that I have finished Epic Mickey! It took everything I had not to restart it immediately, because now I know I could do so much better (plus, supposedly there are different endings for the different ways you play). But, I know that restarting means another week of my life will disappear and considering the IHSW this weekend, probably not a good idea!

For those considering getting Epic Mickey, do it! It really was a good game and I'm really looking forward to Epic Mickey 2 where the characters actually talk!

I also wanted to wish everyone good luck for the IHSW! I haven't made any new progress on any stitching since my last update, and since I didn't manage to get all the thread I needed for the new one, I won't be starting it just yet.

I have made an executive decision about another project that I did, the Breast Cancer project. I did actually break down and call a framer this week and got some rates, but the more I thought about it, the more I realized that now that I can use other materials other than aida, I need to redo it the way it was supposed to be done. I'm kind of embarrassed by it now! It looks like a five year old did it! Luckily, I was able to find both the material and the silk thread for the piece, and I ordered it as well. Hopefully it will only take a week like it did before when I was using the aida! I think my stitching ability has grown more in the past year than it has in the 25 years I've been stitching (thanks to the internet and all my stitch blogging friends!). I have learned more than I ever thought I needed to know!

Comments

kate n said…
Hi, I don't remember the breast cancer thing...have you posted a pic of the one that you think a 5 year old did? I'd like to see it, I want to make something for my mother :)

I like the new layout, I just noticed that your blog is 13 days older than mine! Unlucky for some,eh? lol And only 4 months till Disney! I want to write a thriller/horror set in Disney :D
Miamina said…
Well done on completing Epic Mickey!

I don't remember seeing the Breast Cancer project but as I'm a relatively new stalker....er follower, I've only seen a tiny amount of your work. I'd love to see it too!

I understand what you mean though about how much you can learn from others, I've learnt tons from reading people's blogs!
Keebles said…
The breast cancer project is in my completed projects page.

Sorry Kate, Ridley Pearson has already beaten you to it! You ought to read them, the Kingdom Keepers series. Pretty cool books...all the villains are real and try to take over the parks with the help of the audioanimatronics come to life!
Miamina said…
Had a look at the breast cancer project, I think you are being way too harsh on yourself! It's lovely! I know what you mean about discovering new fabrics and threads though as I never knew about anything other than Aida and DMC until I started venturing into cyberspace.