Ugh, Ugh, and double UGH!

I learned a long time ago, never say, "my life can't get any worse", because life is a mean-ass bitch and just LOVES to prove you wrong! I try really hard not to piss Ms. Life off (although calling her a mean-ass bitch really doesn't put me in her good graces, but since she already hates me, why not?), but I have really been on her torture radar this week. Work has been really rough and crazy-mad anyway, but Ms. Life didn't feel that was enough of a punishment, so she decided to flood my office! For 99.9% of the other employees in this building, that wouldn't be a problem...but I'm the IT Director and my office is full of computers! Computers and water never play on the same side of the dodgeball field. Luckily, the water didn't end up in the actual server room next door. I've spent the past two days moving everything out of my office (which smells HORRIBLE and I may never be able to not smell this, even in the safety of my own home...it's embedded in my nose hair...can you wax the inside of your nose?). I am now stationed in the conference room, boxes and computers and boxes and cords and more boxes EVERYWHERE. OCD and unorganized clutter also don't play on the same side of the dodgeball field.

Ms. Life, I address you now directly...whatever cardinal sin I committed in the womb to make you hate me, I am incredibly sorry and, if there is anything I can do to make it up to you, please let me know and I will be happy to comply! I'm really not a bad person and don't deserve your rath. I can recommend numerous people who do deserve it though, if you have to fill a quota or something, and I can have you a list by end of day today!

Comments