Fun times in the South

Well, yet another ice storm has struck us. Today is my first day back at work because the ice piled so high in front of my door, that I couldn't get out! I literally had to be dug out by a co-worker this morning (and, of course, crackhead neighbor had to get involved)...two hours of slowly chipping away over a foot of packed ice, good times! They did the unthinkable (and for the first time ever) closed our lab yesterday, so I didn't have to worry about getting out on Monday (which meant another day of stitching on the Disney project). Good thing my house didn't catch on fire...I would have burned alive since I couldn't get out! Considering there was actually snow mixed in though, it made it much easier to drive on (once I finally got out and spent another hour clearing the car).

Have I mentioned before how much I hate ice?

Comments