Wednesday Hodgepodge



1. Do you have an interest in learning about your family's heritage? Why or why not? If you know a little bit about your roots, share an interesting piece of trivia or a fun fact about someone who goes way back on your family tree.
When my Dad and I were on speaking terms, he was more than a bit obsessed with tracing our family tree. He tried numerous times to get me involved, but it's not a "cheap" hobby and I could never get the information he needed. Luckily, we are Scottish, so there are tons of records and he was able to go as far back as the 1600's, but about the only interesting data is that an ancestor was the personal priest to Robert The Bruce. I was able to meet (well, mostly online) most of my Dad's family I never even knew existed.

2. Branch Rickey, the baseball exec credited with signing Jackie Robinson, is quoted as saying-

"Luck is the residue of design."
Agree or disagree? Why?

Agree and Disagree. Yes, some people are designed a certain way that their lives fall into place just perfectly (I'm surely not one of them), but it begs the question, who was in charge of the design in the first place...a higher power or are you the construct of your own design? Then again, my other brain is screaming that luck is nothing but chance and no amount of design can change that. I'm not sure my head could handle going that deeply today!

3. In the town where you currently reside, what's your favorite green space?
I don't have favorite green spaces...I prefer to be indoors as opposed to outdoors (although I guess I could say my carpet at home). But when I was younger and my parents lived in the old house, probably the backyard because we had two privacy fences, one of which was 8ft and I could be alone without the creepy neighbor's kid bothering me. I was one of the few kids that hated recess.

4. Who is your favorite comedian?
Definitely Miranda Hart right now. It's not that she's that funny per se, but I relate to her and her humor more than any other comedian.

5. March is National Nutrition Month, and almost everyone needs to improve their diet in some way. What about you? How can you improve your nutrition on a daily basis? Will you try?
I will continue to do the meal replacement diet I'm on and hope for the best. I'm not sure I will ever be capable of eating like I should, but most days I do OK.

6. Which of these green expressions have you 'experienced' in recent weeks -green with envy, green thumb, green around the gills, or give the green light? Explain.
Probably "green around the gills". A lot of headaches lately.

7. Where is one place you don't mind waiting?
DISNEY WORLD!!! And it definitely is the only place on earth I don't mind waiting in line!

8. Insert your own random thought here.
Here's hoping for a better Needle Club today than last week!

Comments

Joyce said…
I don't think I know who Miranda Hart is...gonna have to google her. Enjoy your day!
A Joyful Chaos said…
I much prefer staying indoors too!