G - Disney Alphabet Cross Stitch


Before I get started today, I need to make a small mention about my sadness over the death of Mickey Rooney. One of my favorite Disney movies of all time is Pete's Dragon (yeah, I know, I have a lot, but this one really is one of the top five). It's probably really the only Mickey Rooney movie I've ever seen. It's not a popular Disney film, in fact, I know very few people who have ever seen it (which is really sad), but I really associated with this movie as a kid and those songs are as ingrained in my heritage as much as the most popular of Disney songs. So rest in peace Mickey, you will be missed!

Now, back to business...

Let's get the admin out of the way first. Here are the new images of the corrected characters already completed from A to E:

Aurora
az001b

Belle
az002b

Cinderella
az003b

Donald Duck
az004b

Eeyore
az005b

And Flynn is the same as yesterday, so now we're ready for today and row 2.

My "G" choice on my chart from CloudsFactory is my second and only other member of the "fab five". It wasn't easy leaving out Mickey, but there is a much more important "M" to me (and I had a real problem with "M" because there were a lot of choices that were important to me). But we're still not there yet. My "G" pick used to be my sister's favorite Disney character. She grew out of him, but he still holds a special place in my heart for this very reason. One of my favorite pictures from Disney World is this one (although not the best quality picture...it was 2004 and it's extremely cropped because we were pretty far back):
2004-0307
And this is how I always think of me and Amber.

So I guess it's no secret that "G" is for Goofy:
az007

Comments

Justine said…
These figures are so cute! You were right to change the fabric, Donald stands out that bit better. Lovely photo of Goofy and Donald.
Unknown said…
Lovely stitching!

Pete's Dragon was the very first Disney film I can remember watching and is one of my favourites but I know what you mean about it not being a popular one which is a shame as it's a wonderful film, the kids don't seem to get the opportunity to watch it anymore as I can't even remember the last time it was on the TV and I never see it with the other Disney DVD's in the shops. Very sad indeed :(

Thea @ Gizzimomo's Stitchy Place
stu said…
That's very sweet.
My husband loves Pete's Dragon although I have to admit I have never seen it all the way through. I should really do that one day. Your Goofy cross stitch is awesome :)
Tasha
Tasha's Thinkings - AtoZ (Vampires)
FB3X - AtoZ (Erotic Drabbles)
Cathy said…
I don't think I've ever seen Pete's Dragon, but I do know and love some of the music from the movie.

Goofy is a favorite of mine. I have both of the Goofy movies and love to watch them from time to time.
SM Blooding said…
Too cute! You're doing a great job!

http://www.frankiesbookshelf.com/
Sophie Duncan said…
I've only seen Pete's Dragon once, and it was so long ago I can't remember all of it :(. I was saddened to hear about Mickey Rooney as well - he was an icon.

Your little Disney characters are awesome :)
Sophie
Sophie's Thoughts & Fumbles - A to Z Ghosts
Fantasy Boys XXX - A to Z Drabblerotic
Crystal Collier said…
I LOVE Goofy. Cartoons about him were always my favorites when considering the top five. And The Goofy Movie? That one became an instant classic in my house.

We had the kids watch Pete's Dragon not too long ago. They loved it. It made me crave roasted apples. Mm.
Linda said…
They all look great Keebles. I do like the lighter skin tone much better. Goofy is great. He is one of my favorite characters.

Linda
S. L. Hennessy said…
A Goofy Movie is still one of my favorites. Glad to see him represented here.
SoCal Debbie said…
Everything looks wonderful with lighter skin and a a tiny bit darker fabric so Donald's white shows up. Goofy was a great choice!