J - Disney Alphabet Cross Stitch


I have to admit, I'm already exhausted. I'm trying hard to keep up with other people's blogs and I have found some really amazing posts and themes in this year's challenge! Between reading through the blogs of others and trying to keep up with my own stitching and posting, I haven't been very good with responding to comments, but I am trying. There may come a time when something will have to give. But I thank everyone for your kind words even if I haven't emailed you back. This definitely isn't close to the most complicated or advanced stitch I have ever done, but it is testing my abilities in other ways.

Since I've restarted this chart from CloudsFactory, all rules have pretty much gone out the window. There was an issue with Hades that bothered me enough to move the entire first row up a line, but, while I was at it, another character replacement has been gnawing at me. I had partially stitched the characters through "P" before I decided to start over, so I had a pretty good indication about what I liked and what I didn't with the characters so far and I didn't like my "J" choice (which was Jasmine, by the way). There were way too many Princesses even for me and the Southern prude in me was having issues with her bikini top (a bikini on a weeble is just wrong in more ways than one!). Don't get me wrong, I love Jasmine, but there was another one beginning with "J" that I like better (thanks to Once Upon A Time In Wonderland - who knew Agrabah and Wonderland could meld so well together!).

Thanks to the restart, I was able to move row two down two more lines which gave me the space to fit the new character in, and his height mixed with Hades looks pretty cool (especially with Iago in the middle). So, without further ado,

"J" is for Jafar:
az010

As an aside, as much as I don't like people noticing my weight loss, I am proud of myself for doing it in the first place. It's been really hard (and still continues to be). I'm still not sure what my motivation point is (I'm healthy as an ox, well, besides the brain tumor, headaches, and keratoconus, and don't get me started on the mental issues), and I still like being fat better because I get less attention, but I'm still sticking with it. I reached a milestone yesterday that I haven't done since I was 16 years old...I have managed to finally get below 200 lbs. Even at 16, I wasn't below it for very long, but I haven't even been close since. My goal Disney weight has always been about 230 (which I've pretty much been able to meet for most trips). Only the powers that be know why I'm on this journey, so let's hope I can keep from sabotaging myself (well, anymore than I already have). I still have another 40 or so pounds to go and then the real fun begins when I have to keep it off.

Comments

Cathy said…
Cute Jafar. Who would have ever thought those 2 words would be together. haha

I wish you well on your weight loss journey.
Linda said…
Congrats on the great weight loss Keebles. I too am trying to lose weight, but I still have 120 pounds to go. We can do it. I love Jafar. Bet he looks great with the whole design.

Linda
SoCal Debbie said…
Jafar looks amazing! Love those mean eyebrows! Congrats on the weight loss and staying healthy. I would be thrilled to get under 200 too, but I'm not trying very hard.
kate n said…
How odd that you were going to do jasmine, before I popped over here to catch up on your posts I thought you would have Jafar for J! lol Maybe i'm just psychich :) Looks good!