My Mad World - Chapter 6


Changing pace just a bit (honestly, can I be any bigger of a Debbie Downer than with my previous post?), lets get back to my review and "upsizing" of the book Mad World by Lori Majewski and Jonathan Bernstein. This will be another short one because, like Gary Numan, I didn't care for Devo...they creeped me out a bit (and still do). I only remember Whip It, although, through listening to New Wave radio on Sirius, I've learned there were more. I just didn't care enough to search for them back "in the day" (and it's not like you could Google music in the 80's, if it didn't come on MTV or the radio, you didn't know about it). Some people that I didn't like in the day, I eventually grew to like (for one reason or the other). Devo has never been one of those bands. Even previewing the following clip still gave me the heebie-jeebies!

THEIR CHOICE (AND MY CONCURRENCE): WHIP IT


Next week gets better!

Comments