My Mad World - Chapter 7

Guess what I forgot to do yesterday? Guess I've been too deep into Disney pics to notice the rest of the world (and I'm HORRIBLY behind on reading the blogs of others!). But I'm gonna do it now (although I don't really have the time to give them the post they really deserve).


It's time to get back into "one of the greats" that grace a chapter in the book Mad World by Lori Majewski and Jonathan Bernstein (because, if I would have had another bummer choice, I might have given this up). The absolute first time I remember hearing Echo and the Bunnymen was on the Lost Boys soundtrack and their rendition of People are Strange. I immediately went out to our local record shop and started the search for more. I was in my later teens at the time, so, to say I was in a dark place would be the understatement of the year. The Cure were pretty much my world at the time (who didn't make their book, but they will be in my blog posts, for sure!), but the deeper and darker the music, the more I liked it and Ian McCulloch and his Bunnymen definitely fit the bill!

THEIR CHOICE: THE KILLING MOON


As much as I love The Killing Moon, I'm gonna say, since it was my first, I'm gonna go with:

MY CHOICE: PEOPLE ARE STRANGE


I can't really remember a single Echo single that I didn't absolutely love and that didn't have a strong effect on me, even Ian's solo stuff was amazing (and it didn't hurt that he is absolutely gorgeous). But, if I'm gonna narrow it down for my all-time, then let's go with:

MY ALL-TIME FAVORITE: BRING ON THE DANCING HORSES

Comments