Wednesday Hodgepodge


1. I've read several posts and status updates recently describing end of year school field trips. Do you remember taking school field trips as a kid? Where did you go and do you recall a favorite? For any parents responding today, have you ever chaperoned a school field trip, and if so where?
We always went to the same places every year, but I don't remember in which order we went. I do remember that we went to the MidSouth Fair and Libertyland in Memphis during September (because the fair is around/on my birthday), then we went to the zoo and the Pink Palace at some point. Later in years we started going to Mud Island toward the end of school year. But, and I think it was my junior year, we had a bunch of idiots who didn't show back up to the bus at the MidSouth Fair and the teacher who was chaperoning (don't remember who, but do remember it was a guy), left them after we waited for an hour. There wasn't many/any school trips after that episode.

2. What's something you're tired of seeing online?
THE KARDASHIANS! Need I say more?

3. June is the month for roses. Which of the following expressions would you say has most recently applied to your life-'everything's coming up roses', 'there's no rose without a thorn', 'came out smelling like a rose', or 'wearing rose-colored glasses'?
I always 'wear rose-colored glasses' during Disney planning! Even the crappiest work day has a "Disney moment" in it!

4. When grilling outdoors do you prefer gas or charcoal? Who does the grilling at your house? What's the last thing you ate that was cooked on a grill?
Charcoal. I don't like that gas flavor. It's been forever since I had grilled anything, but I never do it at my house...it's something done at my parents and it's usually steak (bleedin but not mooin) or ribs (we are Southern, after all!).

5. Are you afraid of the dark?
Terrified and I still can't sleep in utter darkness.

6. Share a favorite song with a number in it's title.
The very first one that came to mind was The Seventh Stranger by Duran Duran (and you'll notice a very very young (and not nearly as thin) Jennifer Connelly as the girl in the wings)


7. "Everything that irritates us about others can lead us to an understanding of ourselves."(C.G. Jung). Do you agree? Why or why not?
Completely disagree...the only thing that others' irritations cause me to do is magnify them exponentially and find the person even more irritating! I couldn't reflect on myself in a moment like that!

8. Insert your own random thought here.
For the first time ever, I actually did this post the night before! Go me!

Comments