Disney Reviews: Snack Edition #6 - Red Velvet Cake Pops

I'm not a big sweet food person (although, by these reviews, you're probably hard pressed to believe it). I'm also not a big chocolate person (I swear I'm not! It's just a Disney thing!). But one thing I truly do love is red velvet cake. Once the Dumbo's Circus portion of the Magic Kingdom's New Fantasyland was complete, we headed over to Big Top Souvenirs to check it out.
2012-0831
2012-0844
Back when this was Mickey's Toontown Fair, it was Cornelius Coot's County Bounty and that was my favorite store in the Magic Kingdom.
2009-0692

I couldn't imagine they could have improved too much on it since, but boy was I wrong because they took the old Mr. Potato Head building station:
2009-0693
and turned it into a mini bakery!
2012-0835

It was breakfast time, we were hungry, so we decided to get something to eat. At first it was kind of hard to pick, simply because (like I said) I don't care for sweets. But the second I saw the red velvet cake pops, I was hooked!
2012-0838
You should know, the ears are not cake, they are marshmallows. Something that threw me off because I don't care for marshmallows, but the flavor of the cake itself was AH-MAZ-ING! I have gotten them in several other locations since and it's been hit or miss, but only because they sometimes give me the wrong flavor and I get plain chocolate. I don't know if it's because the designs are all the same for all the flavors or if it's because of my "wallflower syndrome" and people just don't listen to me. But when I do get an actual red velvet one, it's like sheer bliss!

But it wasn't all sunshine and roses, that very first time I tried one, I ended up getting sick, but not for why you'd think. I also got a blue icy drink:
2012-0837
and the combination of the cake pop and that slush was too much for my non-sweet eating tummy first thing in the morning. I'm always careful about when I eat one now and make sure I don't overdo it!

Comments

Linda said…
Geez!! I really gotta quit reading these food reviews when I'm hungry. LOL

Linda