Disney Reviews: Ride Edition #9 - Stitch's Great Escape

There are a couple of rides at Disney World that 99% of the population hate. Stitch is one of those. For me though (and this is MY world), it's one of my top ten favorites! I absolutely adore Stitch and get the biggest kick out of that ride every single time. I know when to hold my nose before the chili dog burp (which is the biggest source of the complaints), I love leaning back in the seat when Stitch's tentacles brush past your neck, I even raise myself up so that my shoulders get the full brunt when Stitch starts jumping on people's heads! Technically though, Stitch's Great Escape isn't a ride because you don't really move, but it's not really a show either, so I'm gonna bundle it with the ride reviews.

Located in the Magic Kingdom in Tomorrowland, Stitch is right across the way from Monsters Inc Laugh Floor Comedy Club (which I don't like). This is another ride that there are no pictures of because pictures aren't allowed, so I can only give you the outside and the opening queue.
2013 (12)-3655
2013 (12)-3657
2013 (12)-3659
2012-2255
2012-2257
2012-2258
2013 (12)-3660
2013 (12)-3661

It's a short review, but that's about the best I can do. The Stitch audioanimatronic is one of the most advanced that Disney has ever done and I always have this overwhelming desire to hug him (although he's encased in glass, so I can't...that and there is a harness holding you down in the seat).

Comments

Angela said…
This used to be some Alien extra terrestrial attraction (or something like that) when I went in it. All I can remember is that my Sister & I were laughing so hard after that we were crying. It was so neat the way they create all those "special" effects. It's one experience I will never forget! A good experience overall. Not the best attraction at Disney but we had fun!
Linda said…
Sounds like a whole lotta fun and just my speed.

Linda