Disney Movies - Day 33 & 34

Things have been extremely busy the past couple of days and I've gotten a bit behind in all my personal stuff like blogging and stitching. I figured if I didn't go out of routine a bit and get caught up on my Disney movie watching challenge posts, I would get really far behind, so here we are on the weekend.

I went in a pretty unusual direction and started watching my Mickey Mouse Clubhouse videos. These are actually preschool videos, but I find it very relaxing just to hear Donald's voice, even if he's counting or figuring out shapes. And despite the full-on, very simple style of computer animation, it actually works very well in this format and gives life to the characters when flat animation doesn't. It makes me think a lot of the characters in the parks, so again, it's comforting. But don't worry, I don't own the entire collection of all the other Disney Junior shows, so we won't be in preschool-land forever.

There isn't a lot to say about these videos, but there is one really cool feature about these discs...most all the music, including the theme song, was written and sung by one of my favorite college years bands, They Might Be Giants. Since I'm in the mood, here's one of my favorite of their songs:


And then, of course, there is this one, with the "other" animation house:

Although I'm a very Disney-centric person, I spent a large quantity of my childhood watching the Warner Bros cartoons too. Of course, Daffy was my favorite (I must really have a thing for ducks), but that's a conversation for another day...it's time to Meeska Mooska Mickey Mouse!

I don't remember the order in which these videos go in, and it doesn't really matter with these anyway, so I started with Mickey & Donald Have A Farm simply because it was the one that ended up on top when I pulled out the pile. There isn't a full-length feature on this disc, but rather five episodes of the Mickey Mouse Clubhouse series, all of which are farm or animal themed.


Then I went with Choo-Choo Express which has a full-length movie and one episode.


Mickey's Treat was next and this disc is a bit of a rip off, although the episodes are really good and Halloween themed. There are only three episodes and one Little Einstein short. Even this song that a 3-year old could have written has a certain sweetness to it.


I finished off the night with Space Adventure because I'm still in a space mood. This was a full-length movie plus one episode.


I only made it through one disc on Friday because of a previous engagement, and that disc was Minnie-rella. There are four episodes on this disc as well as ten Minnie's Bow Toons, which are basically just shorts. I managed to find the whole episode on YouTube.


MOVIE TOTALS:
Live Action: 20
Full-Length Animation: 72
Mixed-Medium: 4
Animated Shorts: 251
Live Action Shorts: 1
Mixed-Medium Shorts: 1
Animated Series: 30
Mixed-Medium Series: 2
Documentaries: 1

Comments

Tiffstitch said…
I love TMBG as well. It blew my mind when they played Particle Man during an episode of Tiny Toons. Hope things settle down for you soon, or you're having a good time at least despite the busy-ness.
Kate said…
I loved watching Mickey Mouse Clubhouse when my daughter was little. Very cute.
Heather said…
I love Istanbul lol one of my fave songs from my youth. I also liked signal in the sky which was their powerpuff girls song.
Vickie said…
Is your goal to watch all the Disney movies??? I am so far behind in my blog reading that I didn't know.