Disney Movies - Day 52

I've been on the NASA site so much today, I almost forgot to write up Day 52! And speaking of that, OMG! What an utterly AH-MA-ZING day! Active geology, mountains, water ice...seriously, who knew Pluto would end up being the coolest planet in the solar system and with an equally cool moon? What was even better was during the press conference last night, all the mission team leaders came out holding up nine fingers as in 9th planet! I was laughing and crying at the same time! But I'll try not to ramble on about it too much. The next press conference isn't until Friday, so maybe I'll have at least one night's decent sleep this week.

Oh, and I also want to thank everyone who, for some reason, is still reading this endless succession of my reviews of Disney movies. I really shouldn't call them reviews at all since they are only my opinions. I'm really lazy when it comes to responding to comments and I typically only do it to the ones that get forwarded to my email. All of them are supposed to, but some of them don't and there is no pattern to suggest whose are coming through and whose are not. I really only noticed this a couple of days ago, so I'm not even sure how long it's been going on. But again, thanks a lot guys!

I only watched one movie again last night because I was...wait for it...on the NASA site, but it ended up not being what I thought it would be. It was one of those discs that I don't even remember buying and was in the bottom shelf crap pile for goodness knows how long. It was called Disney Princess Enchanted Tales: Follow Your Dreams. It is followup stories to Sleeping Beauty and Aladdin (or rather Jasmine), and you guys know how I feel about princess sequels which is why it probably landed in the crap pile in the first place. But I gotta say, I was pleasantly surprised because both stories were actually quite good! I thought it was one movie, but apparently it is really only two shorts, one for each princess and both of them were equally enjoyable (although I did prefer the Aurora one better). What was also quite surprising, although they did have skimpy animation, they did at least try to be true to the original styles and it was a detail I noticed, especially on Aurora's.

I don't know how long this clip will stay up, but I did find the entire thing on YouTube:

There was supposed to be a volume 2 and there is a music video of a new song by Belle for the second one on my disc, but apparently they never released it because I have yet to find it. Shame really, if the rest of them are as good as this one, then they might be on to something with sequels (finally). There are a series of Princess Stories, but I don't have any of those and I don't know if they go along the same lines, or if they are different. If anyone has seen any of those, let me know if they were any good and I'll hit up Disney Movie Club!

Needless to say, I'm only labeling these as shorts, so really no dent in the totals.

MOVIE TOTALS:
Live Action: 42
Full-Length Animation: 87
Mixed-Medium: 7
Animated Shorts: 278
Live Action Shorts: 1
Mixed-Medium Shorts: 2
Animated Series: 77
Mixed-Medium Series: 2
Documentaries: 8

Comments

Linda said…
I am really enjoying your reviews Keiley but I don't always leave a comment but am reading everyone of them.

Linda
Kate said…
I enjoy your reviews very much; you make a lot of good points and make me think about why I prefer some movies to others. My daughter watched several of the Princess shorts movies when she was small; I don't remember how many there were, but they were cute.
Heather said…
I love seeing someone else's opinions especially when they're different than mine! I only watched a few tidbits but their voices drive me nuts! They did seem truer with the animation but it looked like aurora was a lot sketchier. But it could be the quality of the YouTube video.
kate n said…
Hey, I have never been into astronomy even when i had to take astrophysics as part of my degree! I hated it so much. Hence I can't say much as my enthusiasm is low BUT...yes there is a BUT...its freakin' PLUTO - it can only be the very best with a name like that! hehehehehehhehe