Duran Duran - #4 Pressure Off

Continuing on with my Duran Duran Paper Gods album review, Pressure Off was the first one the band "previewed" on YouTube (and I think it's the first single, but I don't listen to the radio, so how would I know?). I'm not sure if it's because it was the first one that I heard which makes it my #2 favorite next to Paper Gods or if I genuinely like it that much, but there is just "something" about this song.

Pressure Off is pure-de-ole Duran Duran with a bit of a modern twist...I like to call it Notorious Astronaut and that might be because it was produced by Nile Rodgers like Notorious was almost 27 years ago and it has a very Astronaut-y vibe. It's an extremely danceable song as well and has a kind of summery feel to it without the shocking intro by the female co-singer, although it does have one (this time, Janelle Monae - who I also don't know).

Is it me, or are these getting shorter? Could I possibly be "learning" to do short blog posts? Well, if you consider that this was originally part of a much larger review, then no, I guess not. Fact is, it's a really simple song and there is really no need to over analyze it, just enjoy!

Comments

Tiffstitch said…
I liked this one too, again good driving music for me.
Justine said…
It was the first UK release from the album. Love it!