Duran Duran - #7 What Are The Chances

I'm not sure if I really need to keep saying it's Duran Duran Paper Gods review time again, but it gives me a good excuse to point you to it's iTunes link (although it's really not helping out the people in other countries considering iTunes doesn't cross continents, much to my chagrin...that's a rant for another day however).

Where Danceophobia flops, What Are The Chances vies for my second or third favorite of the entire album. It is so Seven and the Ragged Tiger meets The Wedding Album it's not funny! I've even stretch and admit that, if it wasn't for the strong guitar lines from John Frusciante (I do actually know who he is, although I'm not a Chili Peppers fan per-se), I'd say this could easily also be an Arcadia or one of Simon's solo songs.

I absolute adore this song and the more I listen to it, the higher up the list it does (I figure, when it's all said and done, this will be my favorite song from the album). I have literally paused writing this because I wanted to hear the song four times in a row. It's beautiful, classic Duran with so much heart it literally makes mine want to bust. My inner 14 year-old Simon Le Bon obsessed self comes out when I hear this song and I didn't realize how much I've missed her!

Now we are caught up to where I ended on the whole album review post, so the next eight will be brand new and not rehashed stuff...god help you!

Here's another frame of reference, this is one of Simon's solo songs called Nobody Knows (and the one that reminds me the most of this song):

As well as John's Losing You (I really was thinking more Trust The Process, but I couldn't find it):

Comments

tiffstitch said…
This one definitely gets more play on my list too.