Sunday Stitching

I spent last week working on Snow White. She's definitely more complicated than she looks! I left off here last time:
SnowWhite005
I did stop her on Friday night as planned, but she stayed on my mind all weekend because of where I left off. After a rather crappy weekend spent on Suteki, I picked Snow back up today to try to get the background finished. I didn't succeed, but I'm so close, I think I'll continue on her next week until I get the row finished. Here is where I stopped tonight:
SnowWhite010
I figure it shouldn't take more than a day or two at most to finish the background, but it will leave me with a partial week for whatever project I pick. I'm pretty sure it won't be Night Wish because I want to give it a full week's worth of attention. I'm kind of thinking that maybe it's time to start Cinderella Castle back up, especially since I will be in Disney World in a few weeks. We'll see.

Speaking of Suteki, I'm at a very hard place with her right now (but, as per usual, it's not progress I can show here because it's saved for the other blog). I'm still not ready to give up on her though, she's going to be perfect for my sister. I just have to remember that this will probably be the heaviest confetti row. I can show a little somethin' tho...I ran across yet another hidden Mickey on her:
suteki011b
I still swear she looks like a rainbow threw up on her. I admit that, on Maleficent at least, dithering can be useful for the final product, but it sucks in the interim. The way that HAED used to chart, with blocks of color, produce areas of completion quicker and therefore keep me in a perpetual state of accomplishment because I can SEE progress as I stitch. With Suteki, it looks like mush until you put in the very last stitch (and step away to view it from a distance). It makes it very hard to keep me entertained or feel like I'm doing any good. I really hate that they changed the way they chart patterns. But there is nothing I can do about it, so I've got to find a way to let it go. Guess I'll have to work on that.

And, BTW, I've been hitting Etsy kind of hard lately, so my Stitch Stash page has grown significantly!

Comments

Linda said…
I so love your new stash Keiley. Thanks for enabling me. I still say that you made great progress this week.

Linda
Vickie said…
Why oh Why did I look at your stash page???? I now want to go shopping!!!!!!!!
Justine said…
Snow White looks great! I would have to stick with her until the background was finished.
Don't you have a ton of pre-dithering stash?!
Tama said…
Your progress looks great! You stitch so FAST!!!
Tiffstitch said…
Great progress on Snow and that's so awesome that you found another hidden Mickey on Suteki. Clearly that is meant for your sister. Love the new stash too!
Heather said…
Awesome progress I'm looking forward to the end of the month to see her :). I can definitely see Mickey this time lol. You've made great progress! I think tomorrow we'll both have finished our goals. You with Snow White and me with another column finished on paradise. But then school blegh lol
Heather said…
I just went on your stash tab lol I didn't realize you had so much! Awesome :). We have the same Disney stained glass one. I'm changing some things on mine but if you ever get around to it we could stitch it together :)